Group Visits, Field Trips & Guided Tours
Community and school groups are always welcome! Make an appointment for a self-guided visit or let us set up an adventure for your group. Whether it’s a school field trip, a scouting troop, a senior outing, or just a general tour for your interested group.
What does Northport Historical Society have to offer?
- Highlights of Northport’s rich history through our permanent exhibit “Our Stories: The History of a Community”
- A viewing of our rotating exhibit, currently “From a One School Community to a Community of Schools” all about the evolution of the Northport-East Northport School District.
- An educational and fun historic information hunt, a fill in the blank activity that fosters movement and engagement throughout our gallery.
- Viewing of our newly refurbished diorama, which depicts the early days of Main Street through its historic buildings.
- A historic postcard activity, during which attendees are asked to write to a friend explaining what was most memorable about our museum. We take care of the postage, attendees just need to come with the address.
- Tour of our delightfully eclectic Museum Shop.
- Snack time, when appropriate.
Is there a fee for the visit?
- We have a suggested donation policy of $5 per visitor though those with financial hardships will not be turned away.
How to set it up?
- Reservations are required. To create a customized group experience, call us at 631-757-9859 or email us at email@example.com so we can help make the most of your visit.
What we’ll need to know when planning your visit!
- When do you want to come? (please allow at least two week notice)
- How long can you spend with us? (we recommend at least 1 hour)
- Size of your group
- Grade level or ages of group
HISTORY TAKES A VACATION
Fun, hands-on museum workshops held during school breaks. Grades 2-6: 9:30 – noon