Group Visits, Field Trips & Guided Tours
Community and school groups are always welcome! Come in for a self-guided visit or let us set up an adventure for your group. Whether it’s a school field trip, a scouting troop or a senior outing we'd love to have you.
What does Northport Historical Society have to offer?
- Highlights of Northport’s rich history through our permanent exhibit “Our Stories: The History of a Community”
- A viewing and tour of our latest temporary exhibit.
- An educational and fun historic information hunt, a fill in the blank activity that fosters movement and engagement throughout our gallery.
- Viewing of our newly refurbished diorama, which depicts the early days of Main Street through its historic buildings.
- A historic postcard activity, during which attendees are asked to write to a friend explaining what was most memorable about our museum. We take care of the postage, attendees just need to come with the address.
- Tour of our delightfully eclectic Museum Shop..
Is there a fee for the visit?
- We have a suggested donation policy of $5 per visitor though those with financial hardships will not be turned away.
What we’ll need to know when planning your group visit!
- When do you want to come? (please allow at least two weeks notice)
- How long can you spend with us? (we recommend at least 1 hour)
- Size of your group
- Grade level or ages of group
- Reservations for groups are required. To create a customized group experience, call us at 631-757-9859 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help make the most of your visit.
Especially for 3rd Grade Teachers:
At the Northport Historical Society we are committed to community outreach, and inviting schoolchildren to our museum for an introduction to their own local history is our favorite place to start.
We are offering a field trip designed to work in concert with the Northport/East Northport 3rd grade curriculum and its focus on community. Our museum’s approach complimented by our current exhibit, Northport Neighbors, which includes an overview of each unique neighborhood in the Northport/East Northport school district and its role in our community.
The cost for the program is $7/child. This covers all costs for the visit including a craft and a string bag full of educational material the children bring home from their visit.
We’d love to have your class book a field trip for this hour and a half interactive program and share the Society's lessons and stories with your students.
If you are interested in participating in this program call Lucy Davies at 631-757-9859 or email her at email@example.com.