Terms and Conditions
- There is a 1-hour minimum for all research requests.
- A research request initiates a resource review and generation of an initial response.
- The initial response will typically require 1 to 2 hours of research. Your approval is required before research exceeds 2 hours.
- Advance payment is required for an initial response.
- Research results cannot be guaranteed.
- Mailing is free for letter-sized items. Oversized mailings, mailings outside the USA, or special packaging costs are extra.
- $20 per hour for the first 2 hours.
- 1 copy of a Historic Home Survey, if available, is free.
- $25 per hour for the first 2 hours.
- 1 copy of a Historic Home Survey, if available, is $5
Cash, check and credit cards accepted.
Historical Society Research Request
E-mail Requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please describe fully your research inquiry. If you are inquiring about the history of a home, please include the home’s current address, as well as any addresses it may have had in the past (if known). Also, please include the time period and/or dates you are particularly interested in as well as the geographic area of your request. Our files allow us to research Northport, East Northport, Asharoken, Fort Salonga, Crabmeadow, Eatons Neck, and Makamah.
We attempt to process all requests in a timely matter and in most cases will have a response within one or two weeks, although we cannot guarantee this. A member of our museum staff will call or e-mail you to discuss your request and to indicate whether photocopies of available material are possible.
Thank you for your inquiry.