Group Visits, Field Trips & Guided Tours
Community and school groups are always welcome! Come in for a self-guided visit or let us set up an adventure for your group. Whether it’s a school field trip, a scouting troop or a senior outing we'd love to have you.
What does Northport Historical Society have to offer?
- Programs for Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts
- Highlights of Northport’s rich history through our exhibit on Immigration.
- An educational and fun historic information hunt, a fill-in-the-blank activity that fosters movement and engagement throughout our gallery.
- Viewing of our diorama, which depicts the early days of Main Street through its historic buildings.
- A historic postcard activity, during which attendees are asked to write to a friend explaining what was most memorable about our museum. We take care of the postage, attendees just need to come with the address.
Is there a fee for the visit?
- We have a suggested donation policy of $7 per visitor though those with financial hardships will not be turned away.
What we’ll need to know when planning your group visit!
- When do you want to come? (please allow at least two weeks notice)
- How long can you spend with us? (we recommend at least 1 hour)
- Size of your group
- Grade level or ages of group
- Reservations for groups are required. To create a customized group experience, call us at 631-757-9859 or email [email protected] so we can help make the most of your visit.
Especially for 3rd Grade Teachers:
At the Northport Historical Society we are committed to community outreach, and inviting schoolchildren to our museum for an introduction to their own local history is our favorite place to start.
We are offering a field trip designed to work in concert with the Northport/East Northport third grade curriculum and its focus on community. Our upcoming exhibit on immigration will allow children to learn about the many family stories that make up the fabric of their neighborhoods, the food in our local restaurants, the names behind Village businesses, and even the very foundations of the historic buildings on Main Street.
The cost for the program is $7/child. This covers all costs for the visit including an interactive activity.
We’d love to have your class book a field trip for this hour and a half interactive program and share the Society's lessons and stories with your students.
If you are interested in participating in this program, call 631-757-9859 or email [email protected]
Here are some educational resources available for you to download and print: