Open to high school seniors with an interest in history who plan to attend a two or four year college, university or vocational-technical accredited school.
- Students must complete an essay in response to the following question:
- "If you could time travel, what Northport resident would you interview and why?"
- And, provide a short answer to:
- "How can the Northport Historical Society appeal to more high school students?"
Responses will be judged on depth of research, clarity of purpose, prose and creativity.
Click Here to read the 2022 Senior Scholarship Award Winning Essay;
"A History of LIPA" by Madeleine Cierski.
Awards will be given out during the Northport-East Northport Senior Awards Night, in the following amounts:
- First prize: $1,500
- Second Prize: $1,000
- Third Prize: $500
- Students must complete the essay prompt and question (stated above)
- Students can access research information by visiting the Museum (by appointment) or via our website
- Provide an academic transcript, and include extra-curricular/volunteer activities
- Indicate your financial need (if any)
How to Apply
Students can apply for Northport Historical Society's Senior Scholarship Award through their school guidance counselor.